Deborah Kent is an experienced operations executive with extensive
international experience in multi-cultural, fast-paced environments. She
has expertise in managing all areas of operations, including network
transmission, third party vendor relationships, daily network scheduling, technical and office
facilities, IT and administration.
From 1994 to 2007, Kent ran operations for Discovery Network International’s rapidly growing Asia
and Europe regions. Most recently, she was Senior Vice President, Operations and Business
Services for the company’s London-based European division serving Europe, the Middle East and
Africa. During her tenure she oversaw a staff of 160 and a $75 million budget. Among her
- Developed and successfully managed departmental budgets covering satellite, fiber and
distribution networks, language customization, materials movement and manipulation, office
space, shared administration services, IT infrastructure and deployment and capital
- Launched six new networks in UK/Europe. This included selecting satellite distribution
systems, coordinating the programming, on-air promotion and ad sales departments on
launch requirements, negotiating playback services with third party service providers and
ensuring all materials were delivered and language-customized in time for air.
- Overhauled the language tracking system, increasing staff output by 30%.
- Restructured Network Operations department, reducing staff requirements for launching new
channels and decreased errors to air by 25%.
- Facilitated the acquisition and renovations for office space in Milan (8,000 SF), Stockholm
(1,000 SF), and Warsaw (10,000 SF). A space usage analysis for the 60,000 SF regional
headquarters in London yielded a plan to better utilize the existing space in lieu of a new
- Implemented large-scale intervention to revamp and revitalize the program inventory system
for a successful move from tape-based to a file-based digital playback center, saving the
company millions in ongoing operational costs.
Kent began her career in international media in 1991 for Pt. Surya Citra Televisi based in
Surabaya Indonesia where she launched that country’s second privately owned and operated
advertising-funded terrestrial television enterprise.
Kent is a Certified Business Resilience Manager (CBRM) and a Certified Business Resilience
Auditor (CBRA). She holds an executive M.B.A. from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
International Media &
Entertainment Partners, LLC